We welcome adults of any ability, whether you are a beginner wanting to 'get fit' or an experienced runner looking for competition. None of our members will be judged on their performance, but will be supported by new friends. All we want - and expect - is for our members to run and enjoy themselves!
Annual membership costs just £25 and includes England Athletics membership!
Looking to join us? Just follow these 3 simple steps:
- 1. Location
- You can’t miss us: there’ll be a big group outside the entrance to the Sherfield Park Community Centre wearing luminous running gear! (Sunwood Drive, Sherfield on Loddon, Hook RG27 0FP.)
- 2. Arrival time
- Our sessions start at 7.30pm on Tuesdays & Thursdays but if it’s your first visit then we’d ask you to turn up a little earlier, say 7:20pm. Many of our members also run the Saturday morning parkruns starting at 9am in Basingstoke at the War Memorial Park. On the first Saturday of every month, we have a club parkrun and then meet for coffee at House28 in Sherfield village afterwards at around 10.15/10.30am.
- 3. New starter process
- After you inform a club representative that you’re looking to join the club please give them your completed Membership Form. They will give you a brief introduction and you’ll discuss your running experience to see which coaching group you’ll be assigned to.
PS - Don't forget to bring your kit as you'll be off and running!
Membership entitles you to:
- Structured training sessions each week
- Individual membership of UKA / England Athletics
- Association of Running Clubs member (ARC)
- Low individual or joint membership rates
- Strong social side with a variety of activities
- Discounted entry into UK race events - hundreds to choose from!
- Discounts at selected running shops
The minimum age for membership is 18 years, but there is no maximum! If you’re interested in joining please come along and enjoy a couple of free introductory sessions without obligation.