Feel comfortable in a friendly environment with other runners who are at your level of fitness and ability. Each official group run includes a 'leader' and a 'sweeper' and has different speeds and distances to fit everyone's style and suitability. October to December 2018 training schedule available here.
- On Tuesdays we run structured training sessions aimed at building strength, control over your running and increasing speed & fitness. These varied sessions include negative splits, handicap paired pursuit, interval training, fartlek training and hill reps.
- Thursdays is 'Laps For All' and longer 'off-development' runs with an element of the Tuesday style training via 'optional extras'. We run in our different pace groups clocking up valuable miles in the legs, around our 'Home Lap' in Sherfield Park. We also have a parallel group run by club members who set up runs of 4-6 miles, away from the development, offering choice and variety.
- Both Tuesday and Thursday sessions start at 7.30pm. We ask runners to arrive at the Sherfield Park Community Centre at 7.20pm for their personal warm-up exercises and listen to any Club Notices.
- On Saturdays many of the club head to the Basingstoke War Memorial Park to take part in the free weekly 5k parkrun starting at 9.00am. On the first Saturday of every month we have an SPR club parkrun. Afterwards, around 10.15/10.30am, we head off to House28 for coffees and pastries. This is not mandatory but highly recommended!
- On Sundays there are usually a variety of ad-hoc runs organised by various club members catering for different abilities.
All routes for official SPR Club organised runs are assessed to ensure they conform to the club guidelines for health, safety and insurance. Whereas, ad-hoc runs are not covered by the club insurance.